Physiotherapy FAQ / Fees:
Do you need a doctor’s referral?
- No, you do not need a doctor’s referral to see a physiotherapist. However, a doctor’s referral is required if your visits are approved by ICBC or WCB.
Where is the clinic?
- We are located at “MAPLE PLACE” #203-22971 Dewdney Trunk Rd., Maple Ridge, BC, V2X 3K8. Click Here for Location map
What are your hours?
- Currently we are open Monday to Friday: 8:00 am until 8:00 pm.
Do you need to make an appointment and how long are they?
- Yes, you need to book an appointment by calling 604-467-4675. Most appointments vary between 45 and 60 minutes long. In order to bill WCB or ICBC we need your claim number and personal health number (Carecard). Please bring this information with you.
What is involved in treatment?
- After an initial assessment, treatment may consist of exercise, hands-on techniques (manual therapy) to work the muscles or mobilize stiff joints, modalities (ultrasound, interferential current, TENS etc) to help with pain control, and education and exercises.
How much does it cost?
- Physiotherapy Assessment: $65
- Treatment: $60 per session
- ICBC administration fee: $25
- Extended Private Visit: $120
- Running Biomechanical Assessment and Program: $125
- ACL Prevention Program: $125.
- Golf Fit Program: $125
- Late cancellations (less than 24 hours) or No Show Fee
WorkSafeBC (WCB) patients do not pay any fees as long as their claim has been accepted.
Our university trained physiotherapists are here to assess and treat any injuries, chronic problems and /or postural imbalances. We will work with you to address your mobility, strength, flexibility, pain control, proprioception and balance using manual hands-on techniques, modalities, education and individualized exercise programs.
Most extended health plans cover physiotherapy treatment. Please check with your individual plan for details.
No doctor’s referral is needed.
What method of payment is accepted?
- We accept cash, debit, VISA, MasterCard and/or cheques, payable at each visit.
Is there a cancellation fee for appointments?
- Yes, your appointment time has been exclusively reserved for you. We require at least 24 hours notice for cancellation. The late cancellation or no show fee is $40 per visit.
What does my extended health plan cover?
- There are various health plans, all with different physiotherapy treatment coverage. You need to check with your own plan. Some plans also require a doctor’s referral.
Can WCK Physiotherapy directly bill my extended health plan?
- We are unable to do this at this time. We will issue you receipts that you would need to submit to your health plan.
- No referral is required and patients may be covered under the following plans:
- Extended Health Care Group Benefit Plans
Many British Columbians have extended health benefits through a workplace group insurance plan. Coverage varies, often with an annual ceiling amount. Sometimes a physician’s referral is required for reimbursement of claims. Check with your plan. We do not bill the insurer directly. When you come in to see us, you pay for the session over the counter, we issue you a receipt and you send the receipt in to your insurance company to get reimbursed.
We do accept WorkSafeBC claims for physiotherapy, however we do not accept WorkSafeBC claims for massage therapy at this time.
British Columbians injured in automobile accidents do have ICBC insurance. Check with your ICBC adjuster regarding registered physiotherapy or massage therapy coverage. Patients will be required to supplement the cost of the physiotherapy or massage therapy visit at our clinic. User fees for physiotherapy are $25 per visit. User fees for massage therapy are $32 for 30 minutes; $47 for 45 minutes; and $72 for a 60 minute massage.
RCMP members pay for their sessions at the private fee rate and need to submit receipts to their health plan to get reimbursed. We do not bill directly to Blue Cross for those services at this time.
- Medical Services Plan
We currently do not provide therapy for those on Premium Assistance through British Columbia Medical Services Plan (MSP). Those on Premium Assistance have the option of accessing our services with the regular fee structures.