Covid-19 Procedures for Patients and Clients
COVID-19 Clinic Protocols for Patients
What to expect at West Coast Kinesiology and Physio during COVID 19 Pandemic entering Phase 3
NOTE: The following guidelines for our clinic are based on the recommendations from the BC Centre for Disease control, specifically for Community Based Allied Health providers treating in clinic settings.
During COVID19 – we are waiving our cancellation fees for illnesses or health related concerns, so please give us a call and stay home if you are feeling unwell. We plan to do the same!
- Check out the BC Health Authority – COVID 19 Self Assessment Tool We will be using this tool to screen you at the clinic when you arrive. We encourage you to use it yourself prior to arrival, just in case. There is an app for your phone!
- We are encouraging tap credit card payments and emailed receipts.
- Leave all family members at home. The only reason you should arrive with someone else is if you require a caregiver, an interpreter, or are a minor (under 16) and require a parent/guardian. They will be required to wear a mask.
- Bring your own mask. You will be required to wear the mask for the entirety of your session and while you are anywhere in the clinic or washrooms.
- Bring your “gym strip” if applicable – a change of clothes appropriate for your appointment and injury (shorts, tank top or t-shirt, sports bra).
- Leave all non-essential personal items at home or in your office. Arrive only with what you need for your appointment. Once you are in the clinic and hand-sanitized, you will not be able to use your smart-phone or other pocketed items.
- We have hand sanitizer when you enter the clinic and we ask you refrain from touching your face!
- WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- We are asking patients to wait in their car prior to their appointment. Please come up to the clinic 1-2 minutes before your appointment time. We do not have a waiting room and we need to keep hallways free from people lining up and waiting for long periods. Please be on time!
- Stop at the front door when you arrive and wait to be called in by the therapist. If someone else is at the front door, please stop in the hall, 6 feet away.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to you at the front door of the clinic. If you prefer to wash your hands when you arrive, a hand washing station is available just down the hall from the clinic. And remember, please refrain from touch your face.
- We are strongly recommending that people wear masks in our clinic until phase 4, even if you have had both vaccine shots.
- Prior to your appointment you will be emailed a questionnaire asking questions about your health:
- Are you experiencing cold, flu or COVID-19-like symptoms, even mild ones? Symptoms include: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, stuffy or runny nose, loss of sense of smell, muscle aches, fatigue or loss of appetite.
If you answer YES to the above questions and are sick, you will not be granted access to the clinic and will be asked to go reschedule your appointment until you are not sick and symptom-free.
You will not be able to attend your appointment until you have been cleared for COVID 19 if you have symptoms.
- WHAT TO EXPECT OF US
- For the duration of Phase 3, and for the protection of all us, your therapist and our staff will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment when they need to be within 2m/6ft of you. At the very least, a surgical mask will be worn by therapists and reception will be behind protective plexiglass. If other items are necessary to be used during your treatment we will do so (e.g. gloves, gown, face shield).
- We will be doing regular cleaning and disinfecting of all high touch points throughout the day. All direct patient care areas will be disinfected between each patient.
- Informed consent between you and your therapist is required to ensure you understand the risks associated with in-person care during the COVID-19 pandemic. This will be discussed between you and your therapist.
- LEAVING YOUR APPOINTMENT
To decrease exposure to you, other patients and staff:
- Your therapist will book your follow up appointment or direct you to reception or our online booking.
- Your credit card, if kept on file, will be billed through our EMR system.
- We can send, and will encourage emailed receipts for your payment
- You will be directed which door to exit the clinic from.