Covid-19 Procedures for Patients and Clients
COVID-19 Clinic Protocols for Patients
What to expect at West Coast Kinesiology and Physio during COVID 19 Pandemic
NOTE: The following guidelines for our clinic are based on the recommendations from the BC Centre for Disease control, specifically for Community Based Allied Health providers treating in clinic settings.
During COVID19 – we are waiving our cancellation fees for illnesses or health related concerns, so please give us a call and stay home if you are feeling unwell. We plan to do the same!
- Check out the BC Health Authority – COVID 19 Self Assessment Tool We will be using this tool to screen you at the clinic when you arrive. We encourage you to use it yourself prior to arrival, just in case. There is an app for your phone!
- We are encouraging tap credit card payments and emailed receipts.
- Leave all family members at home. The only reason you should arrive with someone else is if you require a caregiver, an interpreter, or are a minor (under 16) and require a parent/guardian. They will be required to wear a mask.
- Bring your own mask. You will be required to wear the mask for the entirety of your session and while you are anywhere in the clinic or washrooms.
- Bring your “gym strip” if applicable – a change of clothes appropriate for your appointment and injury (shorts, tank top or t-shirt, sports bra).
- Leave all non-essential personal items at home or in your office. Arrive only with what you need for your appointment. Once you are in the clinic and hand-sanitized, you will not be able to use your smart-phone or other pocketed items.
- Wash your hands before entering the clinic and refrain from touching your face!
- WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- We are asking patients to wait in their car prior to thei appointment. Please come up to the clinic 1-2 minutes before your appointment time. Any earlier, you may be asked to wait in the hall. Please be on time!
- Stop at the front door when you arrive and wait to be called in by the Admin Team. If someone else is at the front door, please stop in the hall, 6 feet away.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to you at the front door of the clinic. If you prefer to wash your hands when you arrive, a hand washing station is available just down the hall from the clinic. And remember, don’t touch your face.
- Prior to being taken into your treatment room, the Admin Team will ask you a series of questions if you haven’t already completed the automated text screening. If you pass the quiz, you will then be asked to pay ahead for your appointment &/or provide us with your credit card information to be stored in our system if we don’t already have it.
- You will be sent a text prior to your appointment or be given a questionnaire asking the following 3 questions when you arrive:
- Are you experiencing cold, flu or COVID-19-like symptoms, even mild ones? Symptoms include: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, stuffy or runny nose, loss of sense of smell, headache, muscle aches, fatigue or loss of appetite.
- Have you travelled to any countries outside Canada (including the United States) within the last 14 days?
- Did you provide care or have close contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19? Note: This means you would have been contacted by your health authority’s public health team.
If you answer YES to any of the above questions, you will not be granted access to the clinic and will be asked to go home and follow the instructions of the BC Health Authority regarding COVID 19 testing and/or self isolation.
You will not be able to attend your appointment until you have been cleared for COVID 19.
- WHAT TO EXPECT OF US
- For the protection of all us, your therapist and our staff will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment when they need to be within 2m/6ft of you. At the very least, a surgical mask will be worn by therapists and reception will be behind protective plexiglass. If other items are necessary to be used during your treatment we will do so (e.g. gloves, gown, face shield).
- We will be doing regular cleaning and disinfecting of all high touch points throughout the day. All direct patient care areas will be disinfected between each patient.
- Your treatment session will be 1:1. Your therapist will not be treating more than one patient at a time.
- Informed consent between you and your therapist is required to ensure you understand the risks associated with in-person care during the COVID-19 pandemic. This will be discussed between you and your therapist.
- LEAVING YOUR APPOINTMENT
To decrease exposure to you, other patients and staff:
- Your therapist will book your follow up appointment or direct you to reception or our online booking.
- Your credit card, if kept on file, will be billed through our EMR system.
- We can send, and will encourage emailed receipts for your payment
- You will be directed which door to exit the clinic from.